Monday, January 21, 2013
I've been excited to try this project since I ran across it over on Sew Fantastic. She did a great job with this art project, using an art canvas. I decided to try my hand at it, and tweaked it so it could be framed. I'm happy with the end result and it looks great on my upcoming Valentine's Day mantel.
Materials and supplies
- 8 X 10 frame
- 8 X 10 white paper
- Various scrapbook papers in shades of pink and red
- Heart hole punch
- Foam adhesive
How to make this
1. Start with paper or canvas, in a size of your choice. I went with an 8x10 paper to fit within a standard frame.
2. Use the hole punch to cut out your hearts. I went with six different shades of pink and red, laid out from light to dark.
3. Line up the hearts. I measured mine with a ruler and pencil because I'm not great at eyeballing these things. Horizontally, I put a heart at 1, 3, 5, and 7 inches. Vertically, I went with 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 cm. I placed the bottom of the heart on each of these measurements.
4. Put the foam adhesive on each heart. I started out going across, then down, making sure to keep everything lined up.
Food One Light
Live Laugh Rowe
Glued to my Crafts
A Glimpse Inside
The Trendy Treehouse
Consider Me Inspired
Powered by Blogger.
- May (1)
- April (6)
- March (8)
- February (7)
- Valentine's Day Tissue Paper Heart
- Friday I'm in Love: 11 Accessories YOU can make to...
- Valentine's Day Heart Art
- Friday I'm in Love: The Best Valentine's Day Craft...
- How to make a Pier 1 Inspired Wishing Tree
- Matchbox car garage
- Friday I'm in Love: Favorite Pins of the Week
- A Mantel a Month: January Mantel
- Hot chocolate bar
- Strawberry Santa Dessert Tutorial
- Top 5 Resolutions for Every Mom