Tuesday, January 1, 2013
I tend to make resolutions each year--and sometimes I even keep them. Last year's goal to learn to jog and run a 5K? Checkmate. My goals to knit and learn to belly dance? Not so much...I couldn't get into knitting and I never prioritized belly dancing into my schedule.
For this year's resolutions I decided to go back to the basics and to focus on what really matters--my little family. Here's what I came up with:
1. Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle. Cuddle every chance you get and give lots of hugs. It's hard to find anything that recharges you more than baby/toddler hugs--husband hugs aren't so bad either!
2. Play more. Sing, crawl around, line up cars, dress like a princess--whatever interests your kid. Be amazed by their imagination and how fast they can run and squeal when you're chasing them!
3. Eat good food. Eat healthy proteins, fruits, and vegetables. Most of us have the "lose weight" goal each year. Focus on good food that sets a healthy example for your little one and gives you enough energy to play.This is a tough one for me, but I hope to get back in the healthy-food saddle for my sake and my family's sake.
4. Put less pressure on yourself. My rule of thumb? If you worry about whether you're a good mom, you're probably pretty good already. Stop striving to be a "perfect mom." You'll never get there and will just put unnecessary stress on yourself.
5. Take some time for yourself. Remind yourself (as often as necessary) that being a well-rounded person is good for you AND your family. Even if you only get 15 minutes a day, after your babies are in Bed, guard that time and do something to recharge yourself.
What universal Mom resolutions did I miss? Any other resolutions that are on your list this year?
Powered by Blogger.
- Valentine's Day Tissue Paper Heart
- Friday I'm in Love: 11 Accessories YOU can make to...
- Valentine's Day Heart Art
- Friday I'm in Love: The Best Valentine's Day Craft...
- How to make a Pier 1 Inspired Wishing Tree
- Matchbox car garage
- Friday I'm in Love: Favorite Pins of the Week
- A Mantel a Month: January Mantel
- Hot chocolate bar
- Strawberry Santa Dessert Tutorial
- Top 5 Resolutions for Every Mom
- ▼ January (11)