Thursday, March 21, 2013
My Valentine's Day Tissue Paper Art was one of my favorite projects this year. Although it was a pretty time-intensive project, I loved the results. I decided to take on another tissue paper project. This time, I made a multi-colored Easter tissue paper egg.
Materials and Supplies
- Cardboard (I used a box)
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Crayons (optional)
How to Make This
1. Draw an oval.
2. Cut the circle out of the cardboard.
3. Draw the design that you want to fill in on your cardboard egg.
4. Color the Easter egg shape.I colored it to identify where each color should go. I thought this would also help in case the cardboard showed through between tissue paper pieces.
5. Cut strips of tissue paper into strips, then squares.I have the best luck with larger squares when adhering them to the egg.
6. Center the eraser of the pencil on the square of tissue paper.
7. Cover the entire eraser in the tissue paper.
8. Dab the tip of the eraser in the glue and attach tissue paper to the Easter egg.
9. Continue to attach the tissue paper to the egg.I have the best luck by outlining the egg in one color at a time. Then I also filled in all the yellows.
10. Keep filling in all the areas of the egg.Try to fill in all of the holes and go as close as possible, especially between colors, to give a full look.
11. Attach a ribbon to the back of the egg.I had the best luck hot gluing the ribbon, then taping over it with clear tape.
12. Hang up and admire!
Click here to see the link parties I visit each week.
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ March (8)