Tuesday, March 26, 2013
I put together this pretty rainbow wreath a few weeks ago and I'm so excited to share it with you all today! This is the first part of the project that I did with glittery Easter eggs. I shared the other part of this project in my Glittery Easter Egg Topiary last week.
I love how the glitter adds a new dimension to ordinary plastic Easter eggs. Aren't they pretty?
Materials and Supplies
- Plastic eggs
- Wreath form
- Hot glue gun
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Scrapbook paper
How To Make This
1. Cover the Easter egg in a fine layer of Mod Podge or other glue.
2. Roll the Easter egg in the glitter.I had the best luck by putting the glitter in a disposable bowl. After the first pass, there were some unglittered spots from where my fingers were. Once the eggs dried, I spot-touched them to make the glitter more even. Click here to see more about how I glittered Easter eggs.
3. Gather your wreath and ribbon.I used about 15 feet of ribbon ( 1 1/2 rolls).
4.Cover the wreath form in ribbon.Wrap the ribbon around the wreath. Tuck the ends under the wreath to hold it in place. You can also dab a bit of glue to the ribbon when you get to the end.
5. Lay out your eggs around the wreath.I tried a few different combinations and decided to go with a pastel rainbow.
6. Hot glue the eggs to the wreath.I put my eggs right up against each other, but you could also do it with some small gaps.
7. Add a bunny outline.My wreath had a large opening and needed some interest in the middle, so I added a bunny silhouette to it. I traced the outline of a bunny on scrapbook paper and cut it out. I used the bunnies that you see on either end of my Easter Mantel to trace the outline.
Make a loop with your ribbon that goes over the wreath. Then glue the ends of the loop to the back of the bunny silhouette.
8. Hang the wreath on the door.I wasn't able to use a wreath hanger with this because of where the eggs sit on the wreath. You could add more ribbon to hang it from. I ended up just resting it on a nail that was already on my door.
Click here to see the link parties I visit each week.
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ March (8)