Monday, April 8, 2013
I put this pretty wreath together over the weekend and I'm thrilled with how sweet and springy it came out! Here's how I made it.
Materials and Supplies
- Wreath form
- Scrapbook paper (various patterns)
- Hot glue gun
- Paper cutter
- Stones (those clear ones from the dollar store)
- Letter stickers
1. Wrap the wreath form in yarn (not shown).
Wrap the yarn around the wreath. Keep it tight, so none of the wreath shows through.
2. Measure the pieces of scrapbook paper.
I measured a 12x12 paper into 4x6" and 3x6" pieces.
3. Cut the scrapbook paper.I used my paper cutter to do it. You could also use scissors.
4. Accordion fold the paper.I used two 4x6" pieces to make the larger (base) medallions and 3x6" pieces to make the smaller (top) medallions.
5. Fold each accordion in half.
6. Hot glue the center of the "fan."Hold it tight for 10 seconds or so. Repeat with the other fan.
7. Apply glue to the outside of the fan.Match two fans together. Try to line up the ends of each fan and the center portion of the fan. Then glue the other sides of the medallions together to make a circle.
8. Release the two pieces of paper so you have a medallion.Glue the center folds of the medallion.
9. Make the center of the flower using the glass stones and burlap.Cover the stones in burlap, then adhere with hot glue. Trim any excess burlap.
10. Glue the large medallion, small medallion, and burlap center together.
Use your hot glue gun to do this and make sure to hold in place for at least 10-20 seconds.
11. Glue each of your medallion flowers to the wreath.Make sure to lay them out so they are even across the wreath, or lay them out however it strikes your fancy.
12. Make a "Spring" banner.I cut pieces of burlap approximately 2x2". I then glued the burlap to the yarn. Then stuck the letter stickers to the burlap pieces. I used some hot glue to stick the letters to the burlap, to make sure they don't fall off.
13. Tie the banner to the wreath.Then tie another short piece of yarn to the top so you can hang the wreath.
Click here to see the link parties I visit each week.
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ April (6)