Monday, April 1, 2013
I put together these simple spring candles to go on my Easter mantel. These were so easy and pretty that I think I'm going to keep them around a little longer and possibly try some other colors for different holidays. Wouldn't this look cute in red, white, and blue for Independence Day or green and red for Christmas?
Materials and Supplies
- String (I used crochet thread, but embroidery thread would also work)
- Clear tape
How to Make This
1. Start with a solid-colored candle.I found this white one at the Dollar Tree.
2. Measure the string to go around the candle.Leave a couple extra inches so you have enough room to tie a knot in the back.
3. Cut multiple strings to cover the candle.Use the first string that you cut in step 2 as a template.
4.Continue tying the strings on the candle.Line up all the knots in the back.
5. Trim excess strings off the knots.
6. Line up the thread so it's straight.I also used some clear tape over the knots to keep the string in place.
7. Sit back and admire your work.Also see how these candles looked as part of my Easter Mantel.
Click here to see the link parties I visit each week.
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ April (6)