Wednesday, February 20, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Glitter Vase

Valentine's Day is over, so it's time for St. Patrick's Day crafts! For my first craft of this season, I took on a sparkly vase. I saw a sparkly Valentine's Day vase like this on A Glimpse Inside and I thought it would look great in alternating shades of green.






Materials and Supplies

- Vase
- Glitter (two colors)
- Double sided tape (I used 1 1/4 rolls)
- Disposable bowl (not shown)
- Tissue (not shown)
- Sealant (optional)

How to Make This

1. Put your first layer of tape around the vase.

Determine how thick you want each stripe. I alternated between single strips of tape and double strips of tape, for larger stripes.


2. Pour  glitter onto the tape.

Tap the glitter onto the strip of tape.


3. Tap off excess glitter. 

Do this over a disposable bowl or paper. You can pour this back into the glitter container when you're done.

4. Use a tissue to wipe off excess glitter.

Keep a sharp edge above or below the tape line.


5. Continue to alternate stripes of glitter.

Do one color at a time, to keep clean lines. You can make larger or smaller stripes depending on how many rows of tape you place at once.

Tip: Try to line up the start and end pieces of your tape so they are in a row. In some cases, I got a little extra glitter at the start/end of my tape, so it was helpful to have them line up together in the back of my vase.


6. Consider using a spray sealant to seal your vase. 

I'm waiting for a nice day to do this outside, but I think it will be helpful to keep the glitter on the vase. Small amounts come off, unless you handle it carefully.


Link Parties

Katherines Corner
Create Craft Love
Delightful Order
Craftionary
Blissful and Domestic
Twinkle in the Eye
Creative Kreationz
Simply Designing
Joyful Stamper
DIY Show Off
A Little Knick Knack
Raising Memories
I Heart Naptime
C.R.A.F.T.S
Create with Joy
Sew Can Do
Skip to My Lou
Sarah Dawn Designs
Keeping it Simple Crafts
Making the World Cuter
PJH Designs
By Stephanie Lynn
Homemaker on a Dime
Romance on a Dime
The DIY Dreamer
The Blackberry Vine
Elizabeth & Co.
Ginger Snap Crafts
The NY Melrose Family
DIY Crafty Projects
DIY By Design
TwelveOEight
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Creations by Kara
The Trendy Treehouse
I Gotta Create
Southern Lovely
Sew Much Ado
No Minimalist Here
Happy Go Lucky Blog
Seven Alive
Live.Laugh.Rowe
View from River Mountain
Fluster Buster
Create.Craft.Love.
Delightful Order
Katherines Corner
Craftionary
Twinkle in the Eye
Creative Crafts Thursday
Daisy Cottage Designs
A to Z Celebrations
The Taylor House





14 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, you made it yourself! And it came out really nice. Thank you for sharing it, I found it on the Thursday's Favorite Things hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty...it looks edible. I love lime flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a vase just like that sitting in a cupboard, I should bust it out and glitter it up, thanks for the idea!
    Thanks also for linking up to our Crafty Thursday Obsessions link up, hope to see you back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your St. Patrick's Day Vase Missy! The Pretty Things link party at twelveOeight is open, would love for you to join :)

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/2013/02/pretty-things-link-party-9-is-live.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea Missy! I could see this done in shades of white and silver for Christmas too. Have a great day! Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the two shades of green in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! What a fun idea. I love green...any shade of green! Happy to be following you via GFC! Stop by and visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Missy!

    Oh my I can't believe how easy that is! THanks for the tutorial. I can see this for so many different seasons!!
    I'd LOVE for you to come share it in my St. Patrick's Day Linky! It is picking up on traffic and hopefully more would stop in to see this project! Have a super day, SusieQTpies
    http://www.susieqtpiescafe.com/2013/02/st-patricks-day-food-fun-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely cute idea! And it looks so easy! Please share it on Creative Crafts Thursday, www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com, and any of your favorite projects each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a simple yet unique idea. So pretty too! Glad you shared with us at Transformed Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks really good!! Nice job and so festive. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting technique!
    I'm here from the Aloha blog hop and I'm your newest GFC follower!
    MammaNene from

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Grab A Button

Missy Inspired Button
Blogging tips
[feedly mini]