Friday, November 9, 2012

Pantry makeover

I've been obsessed with organization this year. One of the areas I've tackled is the pantry. I love having a pantry for our food, water, and plastic items, but it is hard to keep neat! My main problems were around the baggies and Ziplocs and tea. I was also having trouble organizing bread and snacks for my son. Here was my solution:



To organize the sandwich bags, Ziplocs, and foil, I bought two magazine holders, turned them on their side, and stacked them. This works really well for me. I also write the size of the ziplocs on the sides ("G" for Gallon and "Q" for Quart), to make it easier to find what I need.

For the tea and hot cocoa, I bought a bin from Target with separators. (Similar here.)

For the bottom shelf, I bought two more green bins from Target (wish I bought more of these--they were discontinued way too soon!). I put our breads in one of them, and my toddler's snacks in the other one. 

This pantry is still a work in progress, but this is where we are for now! One of the next projects I want to do is to purchase some plastic liners from the Container Store to go on the wire racks to help keep the boxes and cans from tipping over!

0 comments:

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Grab A Button

Missy Inspired Button
Blogging tips
[feedly mini]